Independent, Bible-Based Church Celebrating
Faith, Fellowship, and Families.
September 18, 19 and 20
MOVIE “GOD’S NOT DEAD” TOPIC FOR ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. 8:30 a.m. Sunday in Lounge
Kirk Night starts Sept. 24 at 6 p.m. – make reservations for dinner.
Contemporary Service October 5th 5:15 p.m.
RIP STEPHENS MEMORIAL CAR SHOW & BBQ -
Sunday, October 12, 2014
Pre-registration Encouraged – Free Entry – Trophies for Best in show and Best Pre 1950′s, 50′s, 60′s, 70′s and 80. For more information, see Events.
Find your home at 1st Congregational
- An environment of warmth and welcome
- Sermons extol the Bible while challenging the audience to live within its guide posts.
- Traditional form of worship with wonderful music
- Family oriented programs for all ages: Sunday schools, studies, retreats, and group dinners.
- Friendly gathering on our patio, after services, for getting to know each other.
Worship services: 8:30 a.m. & 10:00 a.m. Sundays
Nursery care provided during worship services.
8:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Adult Bible Studies
10:00 a.m. – Sunday School for children grades K–5th.
Jr. High and Sr. High Youth groups meet Sunday evening 6:30
Wednesday night dinner and instruction
Contemporary services monthly
Annual women’s retreat
You may know our church, the First Congregational Church of Redlands, by our bells that ring hourly over downtown or by the historic stained-glass windows we illuminate each night. Or you may recognize us by the crèche we hoist onto our roof each Christmas.
But come inside the oldest church in Redlands and experience the wisdom of our sermons and the warmth of our handshakes.
We are a self-governing and Bible-based church which has met the spiritual needs of area Christians for generations. We arrived in Redlands in 1888 and laid the cornerstone to our brick church in 1900. We are located at the intersection of Olive Avenue and Cajon Street, known locally as “God’s corner.”
We are as independent now as we were in 1620, when our spiritual ancestors sailed the Mayflower. We hold the Bible as dear now as Pilgrims did then when they bravely brought God’s book to the New World. And the Mayflower is never far from our thoughts – the weather vane on our roof is a reminder of our religious heritage for all those who look up.
If you enter, you will find an array of services and programs for young and old alike.
- Our Sunday services focus on traditional worship. Our recently renovated organ accompanies our choir. We also offer a monthly contemporary service.
- Our Senior Pastor Lowell Linden has been our leader since 1976. He is a widely known and respected in Redlands. His sermons extol the Bible while challenging the audience to live within its guide posts.
- Our strength is faith and fellowship. After service, we congregate on a patio shaded by trees and surrounded with roses. Coffee and tea are served as the children’s choir begins to practice. A statue of Jesus cradling a child oversees the courtyard.
- Our music ministry includes bells, chimes and singing for adults and children.
- Our spiritual ministry includes Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, and adult Bible studies as well as Bible discussions and meetings throughout the week.
Thank you for visiting our home page. Please explore the rest of our website. Then, if you so choose, we would love to have you visit and experience our church from the inside.