Sunday, March 8, 2015
8:30 a.m. and 10:00a.m.
SERMON: The Tragedy of Forgetfulness
Scripture Reading: John 6:1-14
Find your home at First Congregational Church
- An environment of warmth and welcome
- Sermons extol the Bible while challenging us to live within its guide posts.
- Traditional form of worship with wonderful music
- Family oriented programs for all ages: Sunday schools, studies, retreats, and group dinners.
- Friendly gathering on our patio, after services, for getting to know each other.
Sunday Meeting Times
Worship services: 8:30 a.m. & 10:00 a.m. Sundays
- Nursery care provided during worship services. 8:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. (located in the classrooms on the north side of the patio).
- Adult Bible Studies 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday School for children grades K through Jr. High. (Children worship with us in the sanctuary, then leave for their classrooms.)
- Jr. & Sr. High Youth groups meet Sunday evening 6:30
- Wednesday night dinner and instruction
- Contemporary services monthly
- Annual Girlfriends’ Getaway women’s retreat.
You may know our church, the First Congregational Church of Redlands, by our bells that ring hourly over downtown or by the historic stained-glass windows we illuminate each night. Or you may recognize us by the crèche we hoist onto our roof each Christmas. But come inside the oldest church in Redlands and experience the wisdom of our sermons and the warmth of our handshakes.
We are a self-governing and Bible-based church which has met the spiritual needs of area Christians for generations. We arrived in Redlands in 1888 and laid the cornerstone to our brick church in 1900.
We are located on the northwest corner of Olive Avenue and Cajon Street, known locally as “God’s corner.” (Parking is in our lots to the north of the church.)
We are as independent now as we were in 1620, when our spiritual ancestors sailed the Mayflower. We hold the Bible as dear now as Pilgrims did then when they bravely brought God’s book to the New World. And the Mayflower is never far from our thoughts – the weather vane on our roof is a reminder of our religious heritage for all those who look up.
If you enter, you will find an array of services and programs for young and old alike.
- Our Sunday services focus on traditional worship. Our recently renovated organ accompanies our choir. We also offer a monthly contemporary service.
- Our sermons extol the Bible while challenging the audience to live within its guide posts.
- Our strength is faith and fellowship. After service, we congregate on a patio shaded by trees and surrounded with roses. Coffee and tea are served as the children’s choir begins to practice. A statue of Jesus cradling a child oversees the courtyard.
- Our music ministry includes bells, chimes and singing for adults and children.
- Our spiritual ministry includes Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, and adult Bible studies as well as Bible discussions and meetings throughout the week.
Thank you for visiting our home page. Please explore the rest of our website. Then, if you so choose, we would love to have you visit and experience our church from the inside. God bless!