Independent, Bible-Based Church Celebrating
Faith, Fellowship, and Families.
Sunday, December 21, 2014 SERMON: Lessons and Carols
This Sunday, December 21, 2014, we will worship with Lessons and Carols. It is always a wonderful worship experience, so we hope to see you and your family there!
CHRISTMAS EVE CANDLELIGHT SERVICES:
Wednesday, December 24, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
2015 OFFERING ENVELOPES
The 2015 offering envelopes are now available. Find out more info here.
SEARCH COMMITTEE PRESENTATION
The Search Committee will present the results of the church survey on December 21, 2014 after the second Worship Service. Read more here.
Our Annual Meeting will be held on Sunday, January 18, 2015. Find out more!
YOUTH GROUP GIFT WRAPPING MISSION
The Youth Group service project will be on 12/17. For more info, click here!
SPECIAL KIRK NIGHT SERIES
On February 11, 18 and 25, we will have a special Kirk Night series. Find out more info!
CHRISTIAN ROUND TABLE
There will be no Christian Round Table on 12/24 or 12/31. For more info, click here!
YOUNG ADULT COFFEE CLUB- December 21 at 8:30 a.m. at Café Royale
For more information, check out the events page!
The Girlfriends’ Getaway is scheduled for Friday, April 25 through Sunday, April 27, 2015. To find out more information, click here!
PREPARING FOR THE HOLIDAYS
For information about grief and the holidays, please click here.
Find your home at 1st Congregational
- An environment of warmth and welcome
- Sermons extol the Bible while challenging the audience to live within its guide posts.
- Traditional form of worship with wonderful music
- Family oriented programs for all ages: Sunday schools, studies, retreats, and group dinners.
- Friendly gathering on our patio, after services, for getting to know each other.
Worship services: 8:30 a.m. & 10:00 a.m. Sundays Nursery care provided during worship services. 8:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Adult Bible Studies 10:00 a.m. – Sunday School for children grades K–5th. Jr. High and Sr. High Youth groups meet Sunday evening 6:30 Wednesday night dinner and instruction Contemporary services monthly Annual women’s retreat You may know our church, the First Congregational Church of Redlands, by our bells that ring hourly over downtown or by the historic stained-glass windows we illuminate each night. Or you may recognize us by the crèche we hoist onto our roof each Christmas. But come inside the oldest church in Redlands and experience the wisdom of our sermons and the warmth of our handshakes. We are a self-governing and Bible-based church which has met the spiritual needs of area Christians for generations. We arrived in Redlands in 1888 and laid the cornerstone to our brick church in 1900. We are located at the intersection of Olive Avenue and Cajon Street, known locally as “God’s corner.” We are as independent now as we were in 1620, when our spiritual ancestors sailed the Mayflower. We hold the Bible as dear now as Pilgrims did then when they bravely brought God’s book to the New World. And the Mayflower is never far from our thoughts – the weather vane on our roof is a reminder of our religious heritage for all those who look up. If you enter, you will find an array of services and programs for young and old alike.
- Our Sunday services focus on traditional worship. Our recently renovated organ accompanies our choir. We also offer a monthly contemporary service.
- Our Senior Pastor Lowell Linden has been our leader since 1976. He is a widely known and respected in Redlands. His sermons extol the Bible while challenging the audience to live within its guide posts.
- Our strength is faith and fellowship. After service, we congregate on a patio shaded by trees and surrounded with roses. Coffee and tea are served as the children’s choir begins to practice. A statue of Jesus cradling a child oversees the courtyard.
- Our music ministry includes bells, chimes and singing for adults and children.
- Our spiritual ministry includes Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, and adult Bible studies as well as Bible discussions and meetings throughout the week.
Thank you for visiting our home page. Please explore the rest of our website. Then, if you so choose, we would love to have you visit and experience our church from the inside. God bless!